Study of a structure under severe blast loadings, design of the reinforced concrete walls and slabs according to UFC 3-340-02, structural check by finite element modelling and dynamic analysis.
The project is about an experimental facility developped jointly by the French and English governments. NECS participated in that project throughout its successive phases, from feasability to detailed studies. The objective was to carry out and check the design of the structure under severe blast loadings. The study followed the below steps :
- Preliminary design according to the semi empirical methodology from UFC 3-340-02,
- Feedback on the structure dimensions (wall and slab thickenesses) and on its reinforcement details,
- 3D numerical modelling thanks to volumic finite elements,
- Blast calculation thanks to dynamic analysis,
- Processing of results : strain and stress mapping, concrete damage, non linear behaviour of reinforcing steel, shear forces, check of reinforcement design and rotation of walls and slabs on their edges, calculation of shock responses spectrums (SRS), etc.